- B.S. Chemistry, Fordham University, Fordham College at Rose Hill, 2012
I am conducting my thesis work in the lab of Igor Prudovsky at Maine Medical Center Research Institute, where we study the novel hormone, Collagen Triple Helix Repeat-Containing 1 (Cthrc1), and its signaling characteristics related to mechanisms of adipogenesis and osteogenesis. I am also interested in electrophysiology-based mechanisms of regulating and managing smooth muscle tone, membrane potential, and calcium-handling in cases of hyperconstrictive airway (asthma; bronchoconstriction) and uterine (pre-term labor) diseases.
- Stohn JP, Wang Q, Siviski ME, Kennedy K, Jin YR, Kacer D, DeMambro V, Liaw L, Vary CP, Rosen CJ, Prudovsky I and Lindner V. Cthrc1 Controls Adipose Tissue Formation, Body Composition, and Physical Activity. Obesity (Silver Spring), 2015 Aug;23(8):1633-42.
- Gallos G, Yocum GT, Siviski ME, Yim PD, Fu XW, Poe MM, Cook JM, Harrison N, Perez-Zoghbi JF, and Emala CW. Selective targeting of the alpha5 subunit of GABAA receptors relaxes airway smooth muscle and inhibits cellular calcium handling. American Journal of Physiology, Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology, 2015 May 1;308(9):L931-42. Read Abstract
- Yim PD, Gallos G, Perez-Zoghbi J, Trice J, Zhang Y, Siviski ME, Sonett J, Emala CW. Chloride channel blockers promote relaxation of TEA-induced contraction in airway smooth muscle. Journal of Smooth Muscle Research, 2013;49:112-24. Read Abstract
- Townsend EA, Siviski ME, Zhang Y, Xu C, Hoonjan B, Emala CW. Effects of Ginger and Its Constituents on Airway Smooth Muscle Relaxation and Calcium Regulation. American Journal of Respiratory Cell
- and Molecular Biology, Vol. 48, No. 2 (2013), pp. 157-163. Read Abstract