- VA Puget Sound Healthcare System, 2014, Postdoctoral Fellowship, Neuropsychology
- Cornell Medical College, 2012, Postdoctoral Fellowship, Neuropsychology
- University of Georgia, 2011, Ph.D., Psychology
- Washington State University, 2004, B.S., Psychology
Dr. Ahmed is an Assistant Professor of Psychology at the University of Maine. She is the director of the Maine Health, Aging, and Lifestyle Lab, where the focus of her work is on the intersection of health factors/behaviors and cognitive functioning.
Trained in Clinical Neuropsychology throughout her graduate and postdoctoral training, Dr. Ahmed is particularly interested in how cardiovascular health and modifiable health behaviors impacts the risk for developing dementia, such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Ahmed, F.S., Bogucki, O., Dearborn, P., & Elias, M.F. (2019). Obesity, cognitive functioning and dementia: A life-span prospective. In R.R. Watson & V. Preedy (Eds.). Omega Fatty Acids in Brain and Neurological Health (2nd edition). Elsevier.
- Strout, K., Ahmed, F., Sporer, K., Howard, E. P., Sassatelli, E., & Mcfadden, K. (2018). What are older adults wellness priorities? A qualitative analysis of priorities within multiple domains of wellness. Healthy Aging Research, 7(2), e21.
- Rossetti, M. A., Piryatinsky, I., Ahmed, F. S., Klinge, P. M., Relkin, N. R., Salloway, S., … & Broggi, M. (2016). Two Novel Psychomotor Tasks in Idiopathic Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, 22(03), 341-349.
- Ahmed, F.S., & Miller, L.S. (2014). Adequate proverb interpretation is associated with performance on the Independent Living Scales. Aging, Neuropsychology and Cognition, 22(3), 376-387.
- Ahmed, F.S. & Miller, L.S. (2013). Relationship between theory of mind and functional independence is mediated by executive function. Psychology and Aging, 28, 293-303.
- Ivkovic, M., Liu, B., Ahmed, F., Moore, D., Huang, C., Raj, A., Kovanlikaya, I., L. Heier, L, & Relkin, N. (2013). Differential diagnosis of normal pressure hydrocephalus by MRI mean diffusivity histogram analysis. American Journal of Neuroradiology, 34(6), 1168-1174.
- Ahmed, F.S., & Miller, L.S. (2011). Executive function mechanisms of theory of mind. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 41, 667-678.
- Miller, L.S. & Ahmed, F.S. (2008). Neuropsychology in Asperger’s Disorder. In J.L. Rausch, M.E. Johnson, & M. Casanova (Eds.) Textbook of Asperger’s Disorder. New York: Informa Healthcare.