Christine Lary (née Duarte) is a Senior Biostatistician and Faculty Scientist in the Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation. She received her Ph.D. in Bioinformatics with a co-major in Statistics from North Carolina State University.
Prior to joining CORE in 2012, she served as Assistant Professor of Biostatistics at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Dr. Lary’s research focuses on statistical genetics, bioinformatics, clinical prediction models and data mining.
Dr. Lary collaborates extensively with clinical investigators and basic scientists in other centers within the Maine Medical Center Research Institute, and maintains collaborations at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center. Dr. Lary also provides biostatistical consulting and research design and analytic support for investigators throughout MMC.
- O’Donnell BP, Duarte CW. A prospective evaluation of the candle wax sign: A visual clue to diagnose aggressive basal cell carcinoma. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017;77(1):163-4.
- Duarte CW, Lindner V, Francis S, Schoormans D. Visualization of cancer and cardiovascular disease co- occurrence using network methods. Journal of Clinical Oncology/Clinical Cancer Informatics. 2017.
- Favreau AJ, McGlauflin RE, Duarte CW, Sathyanarayana P. miR-199b, a novel tumor suppressor miRNA in acute myeloid leukemia with prognostic implications. Exp Hematol Oncol. 2016;5:4. PMCID:4740997.
- Duarte CW, Black AW, Lucas FL, Vary CP. Cancer incidence in patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2016.
- Asson-Batres MA, Ryzhov S, Tikhomirov O, Duarte CW, Congdon CB, Lessard CR, McFarland S, Rochette-Egly C, Tran TL, Galindo CL, Favreau-Lessard AJ, Sawyer DB. Effects of vitamin A deficiency in the postnatal mouse heart: role of hepatic retinoid stores. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2016;310(11):H1773-89.
- Han PK, Duarte CW, Daggett S, Siewers A, Killam B, Smith KA, Freedman AN. Effects of personalized colorectal cancer risk information on laypersons’ interest in colorectal cancer screening: The importance of individual differences. Patient Education and Counseling. 2015.
Duarte CW, Klimentidis YC, Harris JJ, Cardel M, Fernández JR. Discovery of phenotypic networks from genotypic association studies with application to obesity. Int J Data Mining and Bioinformatics. 2015;12(2):129-43.
Duarte CW, Black A, Murray K, Haskins A, Lucas L, Hallen S, Han P. Validation of the Patient-Reported Outcome Mortality Prediction Tool (PROMPT). Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 2015.