- The University of Maine, 2014 B.S Ecology and Environmental Sciences
Born and raised in Maine, I obtained my B.S in ecology and Environmental Sciences in 2014 from Umaine. After Working in the Jackson Laboratory Genetic Resource Services, I joined the Kaczorowski lab as a research intern. 2 years later I decided to pursue my PhD through Umaine GSBSE with Dr. Kaczorowski as my mentor. My research focuses on the intersection of cognitive aging, synaptic dysfunction and genetics. We use Diversity Outbred mouse populations to investigate how changes in transcriptomes, DNA methylation, neuronal plasticity and dendritic spine morphology affect cognitive outcomes during aging. Additionally, I am testing genetic-based therapeutics for Alzheimer’s Disease. It’s my hope that this work will allow us to identify new therapeutic targets of age-related cognitive declines/dementia.
- Andrew R. Ouellette, Sarah M. Neuner, Logan Dumitrescu, Laura C. Anderson, Daniel M. Gatti, Emily R. Mahoney, Jason A. Bubier, Gary Churchill, Luanne Peters, Matthew J. Huentelman, Jeremy H. Herskowitz, Hyun-Sik Yang, Alexandra N. Smith, Christiane Reitz, Brian W. Kunkle, Charles C. White, Philip L. De Jager, Julie A. Schneider, David A. Bennett, Nicholas T. Seyfried Alzheimer’s Disease Genetics Consortium, Elissa J. Chesler, Niran Hadad, Timothy J. Hohman, Catherine C. Kaczorowski. 2020. Cross-species analyses identify DLGAP2 as a mediator of cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s disease. Cell Reports, 2020. 10.1016/j.celrep.2020.108091
- Ouellette, A. R., Hadad, N., Deighan, A., Robinson, L., O’Connell, K., Freund, A., … & Kaczorowski, C. C. (2022). Life-long dietary restrictions have negligible or damaging effects on late-life cognitive performance: A key role for genetics in outcomes. Neurobiology of aging, 118, 108-116.
- O’Connell, KMS, Ouellette, AR, Neuner, SM, Dunn, AR, Kaczorowski, CC. Genetic background modifies CNS‐mediated sensorimotor decline in the AD‐BXD mouse model of genetic diversity in Alzheimer’s disease. Genes, Brain and Behavior. 2019; 18:e12603. https://doi.org/10.1111/gbb.12603
- An, J. Y., Kerns, K. A., Ouellette, A., Robinson, L., Morris, H. D., Kaczorowski, C., . . . Kaeberlein, M. (2020). Rapamycin rejuvenates oral health in aging mice. eLife, 9, e54318. doi:10.7554/eLife.54318
- Telpoukhovskaia, M. A., Hadad, N., Gurdon, B., Dai, Y., Ouellette, A. R., Neuner, S. M., … & Kaczorowski, C. C. (2022). Conserved cell-type specific signature of resilience to Alzheimer’s disease nominates role for excitatory intratelencephalic cortical neurons. bioRxiv, 2022-04.