Skip to main content
Resources for members of the GSBSE community:
- GSBSE Logo (.jpg, 300dpi, 698KB)
- Student Registration Deadlines:
- Fall - July 30
- Spring - December 15
- Summer - April 30
- How to register for USM Classes
- First Year Student Rotation Notification Deadlines: Students need to let Laura Hall know where they are doing a rotation by the following deadlines so that the Institutions they are going to are prepared for their arrival.
- 1st rotation – July 30
- 2nd rotation – November 30
- 3rd rotation – April 30
- Faculty Class Notification Deadlines: Faculty must let the GSBSE office know by the following deadlines what classes they are planning to teach, providing a description of the class, the number of credits, and the preferred days/times for the class.
- June 30 for Fall classes
- November 15 for Spring classes
- Track-specific Requirements:
- Manage your GSBSE website profile
Click the link to login and manage your profile. If you are a GSBSE faculty member, you need to associate your profile with the Tracks, Research Areas, and Institutes that you are affiliated with in order for your profile to show up in these areas of the website. If you lost your password or haven't set up your page yet, click on the "password reset" link and enter your email address and a password will be sent to you. If you do not receive a password, contact Laura Hall (email@example.com).
- Student Navigator
The Student Navigator is a place to keep all of your Graduate School files and communications with your thesis committee. The site is only accessible to you and your committee. Please keep it updated with committee meeting forms, your comprehensive exam proposal, any papers you publish, meetings you go to, grants you write, drafts of your thesis, etc. Some default "Milestones" are created for you, however you can create any new Milestones you want for papers, meetings, or even data to show your committee. The more information you can give your committee, the better they can help you with your research project now and when they need to write you letters of recommendation in the future.
- GSBSE Discussion Board
The GSBSE Discussion Board can be used for any communication between just students, just faculty, or between both faculty and students (open discussions). When you start a new topic you can auto-subscribe people to the topic so they will receive an email anytime there is a post to that topic. You can also subscribe yourself to any topic that is presently on the site, as well as post responses to any of the topics. Current topics include a listing of labs looking for rotation students, and several courses are using this site.
- Fogler Library
Link to the UMaine library containing access to eJournals and other library resources.